There are a number of benefits to planting trees and The Rock Pile has a fine selection right now. Our trees can be planted in the hottest and driest weather so long as their need for water can be met. Indeed the best thing that can happen to any of the trees at The Rock Pile is to be planted at their new home- yours! So let’s go through so of the benefits trees provide.
1) Well-being. Several studies have indicated that trees lift the mood of people. Feeling hot under the collar? Trees relax people.
2) Carbon Sequestration. Okay it’s a big term but trees do a big job of inhaling carbon dioxide and exhaling oxygen. Don’t hold your breath. You need oxygen and trees provide it.
3) Temperature Modification. Trees can warm an area in winter with their wind-breaking ability and cool an area with shade in the summer. A house with well-sited shade trees can have cooling costs reduced by over 10%. Saved money is big money and trees help us save big money.
4) Storm water control. Trees help to suck up water before it enters our wastewater system. Water drunk (okay taken up) by trees and plants is water that stays out of basements! We got a little personal there.
5) Number five but perhaps number one on the list is Increased Home Values. Property values can be as much as 25% higher for homes with trees!
Money really does grow on trees so “trees please!” because trees please.